What will I need to make a Denver Omelette?

black pepper
2 tsp. butter
2 eggs
1/4 c. green bell peppers
2 bias-sliced green onions
1/4 c. fully cooked ham cut into julienne strips
1/3 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
omelette pan
salt

How do I make a Denver Omelette?

1. Make the filling: Melt 1 tsp. butter in a small skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper and green onions.
2. Cook the vegetable mixture until tender. Stir in ham and heat through; season with salt and pepper. Set aside in a small bowl but keep warm.
3. Beat the eggs together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Heat the skillet again, this time on medium-high heat.
5. Add the butter to the skillet.
6. When the butter stops foaming, add the eggs.
7. Let set for 30 seconds.
8. Lift the edges of the omelette so that the uncooked egg runs under the cooked edges, coming into contact with the hot pan. Shake and tilt the pan to move the uncooked egg.
9. Keep lifting the edges and tilting the pan to distribute the egg.
10. When the top of the omelette is set but still moist and soft (after about 2 minutes), spread the the filling over one side of the omelette.
11. Fold the other half of the omelette over the filling, and slide it onto a plate.

Mmmmm... delicious!


This node is featured in My Little Black Box, an ongoing autobiography by Corey Vallejo. http://www.vulpinearts.com/littleblackbox/

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.