David Byrne was born in Dumbarton, Scotland on May 14, 1952. At the age of 2, he and his family moved to Canada, and later Baltimore, Maryland. He was involved in several bands throughout his childhood, none very serious however. In 1970, he attended the Rhode Island School of Design where he studied functional design. Apparently he once performed a live production where he shaved his head on stage with a piano accompaniment and a girl displaying cue cards in Russian. He shortly thereafter left RISD, either kicked out or dropped out depending on who you ask...

In 1971 David formed a band called Bizadi with a friend, which featured a violin, ukelele, and an accordion. In spring of 1972, he headed back to Baltimore and formed a band called the Artistics with college friends Chris Frantz and Tina Weymouth. Over the next few years they enlisted Jerry Harrison and changed the band name to Talking Heads. The band lasted until 1991, producing several popular albums and providing a heavy influence to the new wave sound. David continued with his solo work after the band's breakup.

David is currently married with a daughter.

Discography

With Talking Heads

Solo Work

Now runs a record label called Luaka Bop which has released many fine Latin and Brazilian albums and compilations over the last few years.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.