Inner Sphere Classified Files: The Major Clans
Clan Smoke Jaguar

BACK TO MAIN FILE
PREVIOUS CLAN/NEXT CLAN

Leader: Khan Franklin Osis
Capital: Strana Mechty

A Clan in the games Mechwarrior 2 and Mechwarrior 3. Clan Smoke Jaguar is easily the most violent and agressive of all the Clans. They are, however, not as brash and headstrong as Clan Jade Falcon; they are quicker to battle, but are also quicker to think before acting. This made a deadly combination, and Clan Smoke Jaguar was quite a strong Clan, however Clan Smoke Jaguar didn't have the immensity of the larger Clans or the autonomy of Clan Ghost Bear to support its claim. As such, Clan Smoke Jaguar was dangerous in combat, but never a serious contendor for the Il-Clan (ruling Clan).

Clan Smoke Jaguar joined Clan Jade Falcon in the campaign for the Clan Invasion. They were amongst the first Clans to launch into the Invasion, although they did not rush headlong into the battle like Clan Jade Falcon did. The Jaguar's deliberated on the situation for a time, choosing not to invade Lyran Commonwealth territory, closest to the Jaguar's, as the Falcons had, but rather to cross to the other side of the Outer Rim and launch an offensive against the Draconis Combine. The Jaguars penetrated deep into the Inner Sphere, but as mentioned before, they did not have the autonomy to maintain proper defence. Alot of claimed territory was lost when the Draconis Combine turned on the offensive. Clan Smoke Jaguar was in great peril, however Clan Ghost Bear soon followed the Jaguars into Draconis Combine territory. With a new threat, the Draconis Combine was forced into a defensive stance once more, and Smoke Jaguar returned to the offensive with the combined might of Clan Ghost Bear.

Clan Smoke Jaguar and Clan Ghost Bear came very close to Terra(Earth), however when the Clans were defeated at The Battle of Tukayyid and Clan Ghost Bear greatly weakened, they turned their attention to driving a straight line to Terra, leaving Clan Smoke Jaguar to handle the Draconis Combine on its own. Without the protection of Clan Ghost Bear, and with little improved autonomy, Clan Smoke Jaguar was forced to take a defensive stance once more, and the Clan was also weakened from Tukayyid. Although they did not concede any territroy, they gave the Draconis Combine time to recuperate from the shattering offensive. When the war between Clan Jade Falcon and Clan Wolf was over, Clan Wolf retreated towards the Outer Rim, leaving the remaining Clans to defend the abandoned worlds, causing the Clans, including the already wounded Clan Smoke Jaguar, to spread its forces paper thin. When the Inner Sphere reformed the Star League in the face of the Clan threat, they launched the biggest Inner Sphere offensive against the Clans. The Eridani Light Horse, led by Prince Victor Steiner-Davion chased the Smoke Jaguars from the Inner Sphere and penetrated through to their capital, Strana Mechty, where Clan Smoke Jaguar was wiped out.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.