Transforms from car to robot and back!

AUTOBOT: CHROMEDOME

FUNCTION: COMPUTER PROGRAMMER
"A battle plan is only as good as its programmer."

Spent several thousand years crunching numbers at Cybertron's Institute for Higher Programming before a Decepticon attack reduced it to a pile of smoking microchips. Binary-bonded to Stylor, an egotistical Nebulan more concerned with personal appearance than warfare. In car mode, maximum speed: 478 mph. Range: 630 miles. Hood-mounted infra-red range finder automatically targets roof-mounted dual lasers.

  • Strength: 6
  • Intelligence: 9
  • Speed: 6
  • Endurance: 6
  • Rank: 7
  • Courage: 6
  • Firepower: 7
  • Skill: 9
Transformers Tech Specs


After Hot Rod, the Headmaster Chromedome possibly the best-looking car the Autobots ever added to their lineup (despite being modelled after the more boxy stock car variety). The name comes from the silver hood on his otherwise brown-and-red car body.

I was intrigued to read this tech spec for the first time, since the concept of a Transformer working as a computer programmer would probably be analogous to a human studying genetics. And come to think of it, if I were a researcher whose home base had been bombed after spending most of my life there, I'd probably want to pick up a couple of laser rifles and exact revenge myself.

In the Japanese "Transformers: Headmasters" cartoons, Chromedome plays a much more important role than he did in the American "Rebirth" cartoon, often sharing leadership duties with Fortress (Cerebros, the Headmaster for Fortress Maximus).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.