Chicken with swiss cheese is a quick and easy dish. You can crank it out with fairly cheap ingredients one night when you can't think of anything else to make. It's also very filling. Possible sides include green beans, peas, or Rice-A-Roni.
Preparation time: about 10 minutes
Cooking time: one hour
Amount of cleanup: plates and silverware, one casserole dish
Deliciousness quotient: maximum
- Four chicken breasts
- Four slices of swiss cheese
- One can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 pkg of Stove Top stuffing in a can (A lot of the box stuffings separate the seasoning from the bread. In my experience, that has resulted in big clumps of seasoning in some places and no seasoning in others.)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Place the chicken breasts in a casserole dish (8" x 8" is a nice size). Don't cook them first since they are going to be in the oven for quite a while.
- Cover the tops with the cheese slices.
- Pour the soup over the top of everything. Spread it around, too.
- Evenly sprinkle the stuffing mix over everything.
- Drizzle melted butter on top of that.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and cook at 350 degrees for one hour.