Basically, thousands of people gathering together to see who can use a rowing machine the best, and reinforces my opinion, based on careful observation, personal experience, and introspection, that anybody involved with rowing is irrevocably insane.

Stands for the Charles River All-Star Has-Beens, and is the world's largest international ergometer race, located in Boston, MA. Takes place Feb. 20, 2001.

In the beginning, CRASH-B was a group of 1976-1980 US Olympic and World Team athletes who lurked on the Charles River, never rowing the same lineup twice, never practicing before a race, and always jumping the start against Harvard.

However, in 1980 the U.S. boycotted the Olympics, and about the same time Concept II invented their later-named Model A rowing ergometer, the one with the bicycle wheel, a wooden handle and an odometer. They formed a fun little regatta of about twenty rowers in Harvard's Newell Boathouse, to break up the monotony of winter training.

The distance of the race is 2 kilometers, and takes place on more advanced Class C ergs. Winning time for Open Men in 2000 was 5:40. Winning time for Women's Coxswains was 7:58. I need to cut mine by 30 seconds by February.

Like they say-- After C.R.A.S.H-B.s-- If you haven't blacked out, thrown up, or collapsed on a floor praying for death.. You haven't rowed hard enough.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.