Outkast have recently released their latest album, Big Boi and Dre Present... OutKast (2002). This is a compilation of their greatest hits plus three new tracks. Listening to the album, it's clear that their musical and lyrical style has actually evolved since Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, and in my opinion they are pushing their best just now. That's tremendous credit that a hip-hop group can still be improving and progressing after four albums.

The front cover shows the duo in something of a Seventies revival get up, and there's the typically camp pink and blue styling. The CD itself bears the usual naked woman motif, but this time a rather disturbing pink illustration adorns the label.

Track list:
1. Intro: One of their best intros, IMHO.
2. Funkin' Around: An excellent new track, very slick.
3. Ain't No Thang (from Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik)
4. So Fresh, So Clean (from Stankonia)
5. Rosa Parks (from ATLiens)
6. The Whole World, feat. Killer Mike: The current single, with all the smooth rhyming and esoteric style we've come to expect.
7. Aquemini (from Aquemini, as you might expect)
8. B.O.B. (from Stankonia)
9. Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik (another former title track)
10. Crumblin' Erb (from Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik)
11. Ms. Jackson (from Stankonia)
12. Player's Ball (Original version, from Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik)
13. Elevators (Me & You) (from ATLiens)
14. SpottieOttieDopaliscious (from Aquemini)
15. Git Up, Git Out (from Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik)
16. Movin' Cool (The After Party): Another new track. I don't think this will make a single, as it's too bizarre, but it's something of a grower.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.