Here is how to make Banana Goo
. It's really
good - it turns into a kind of meta-banana paste
. It is not an exact science, but you will know when you have got it right. The heat does things to the banana's taste - it becomes more sweet, but not sickly. The texture is also changed (as you could imagine). And
it actually smells
- Take two skinned bananas, preferably just ripe - not green at all, and not too brown.
- Mash them.
- Put them in a (microwaveable) bowl and add 2-3 tablespoons of water. At this point, a teaspoon of soft brown sugar and/or chocolate shavings can also be added.
- Put a (microwaveable) plate over the bowl to retain the moisture and microwave for about 2 minutes, depending on the strength of your oven.
- Remove from microwave and stir. If the goo seems too dry, add a little water.
- Microwave again for 30sec-1min. Serve.
This is a great accompaniment to yoghurt, fruit and ice cream - I prefer vanilla with this.