The second major stronghold of Clan Lamont, it is unknown when it was built. It is known that it was much simpler in design than Toward Castle, implying greater age. Its interior being only 42 feet square, it most likely served as a guard tower for the eastern coast of the Isle of Bute. It was destroyed along with Toward Castle by Campbell forces in 1646.

Log in or registerto write something here or to contact authors.