This is the title of a sci-fi novel by Philip Francis Nowlan. It is noteworthy because it is the 'pilot' story, if you will, of the Buck Rogers in the 25th Century stories. In it, Anthony "Buck" Rogers is inspecting a mine in Pennsylvania USA, where a young boy was found alive after being trapped by a cave-in for several days with no air. There is a cave-in that traps him, and he wakes to find the world as he knows it gone. America has been enslaved by the vicious Han, an Asian race exemplifying the Yellow Peril fears. Americans have been driven out of their cities, and live in hiding in the forests where the technological Han fear to go; through Rogers' inspiration, the seeds of the second American Revolution are born...

It's actually a fun read if you're into sci-fi. I recommend it. It's been reprinted quite recently (early 1990s) and paperback copies shouldn't be hard to find. As long as you keep telling yourself that it was written in the 1920s, the blatant racism is bearable. To be fair, the Han aren't savages or anything; they just happen to have invented a couple of neat toys and then come to enslave the U.S. Some folks think the U.S. has already done that to Asia...but that's a different story. :-)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.