The common version of a quotation from the movie This Is Spinal Tap, although not exactly what the movie says. The band Spinal Tap are discussing with their manager the reason why their record company won't release their new album Smell The Glove with the cover they wanted (described elsewhere in the movie as " a greased naked woman...on all fours...wth a dog collar around her neck...and a leash......and a man's arm extended out up to here holding on to the leash and pushing a black glove in her face to sniff it"). Impressive when you realize that like most of the movie, this great line was improvised.

David St. Hubbins: Have you seen Duke Fame's current album?
Ian Faith: Um... yes, yes.
David: Have you seen the cover?
Ian: Um... no, no, I don't think I have.
David: It's a rather lurid cover, I mean...ah, it's, it's like naked women, and, uh....
Nigel Tufnel: He's tied down to this table,
Ian: Uh-huh.
Nigel: And he's got these whips and they're all...semi-nude.
David: Knockin' on 'im, and it's like much worse...
Ian: What's the point?
David: Well, the point is, it's much worse than "Smell the Glove"...he releases that, he's number three.
Ian: Because he's the victim. Their objections were that she was the victim. You see?
Derek Smalls: I see....
Nigel: Oh...
David: Ah....
Ian: That's all right, if the singer's the victim, it's different. It's not sexist.
Nigel: He did a twist on it. A twist and it s-
Derek: He did, he did. He turned it around.
Ian: We shoulda thought of that....
David: We were so close....
Ian: I mean if we had all you guys tied up, that probably woulda been fine.
All: Ah....
Ian: But it's...it's still a stupid cover.
David: It's such a fine line between stupid an'...
Derek: ...and clever.
David: Yeah, and clever.
Nigel: Just that little turnabout....

Script from http://www.kittyfeet.com/tap.html

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.