You never know what might be the result of a loose screw...

This movie was originally called Ruang talok 69. Made in Thailand in 1999, it was directed and produced by Pen-Ek Ratanaruang who was born in Bangkok, Thailand in 1962 and who is known as the Thai Tarantino. He has studied from 1977 to 1985 in New York at the Pratt Institute.

The story is about a girl who is fired from her job during the Asia crisis and returns home to find 1 million baht in a noodle box in front of her door. She decides to keep it. Then all hell breaks loose.

Within a few minutes the owners of the money come back for it. It turns out that because of a loose upper screw the number 6 on the girl's door keeps toppling over, which causes the initial mistake. The story then becomes ever more complicated and hilarious, with every turn of the plot leading to more dead bodies in the small apartment that have to be hidden and disposed of.

The cast are (in alphabetical order, as I couldn't tell you who is who):

  • Tasanawalai Ongartittichai
  • Lalita Panyopas
  • Black Phomtong
  • Sritao
  • Arun Wannarbodeewong
Another movie by Ratanaruang is Fun Bar Karaoke (1997) (aka Phan ba karaoke)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.