Though his motives for doing so are at best unclear, das fleiminde weisel has decreed that the spot formerly held by the above track listing is - was, rather - open for lightning-round filling for purposes of expedient completion and resolution of the inaugural weekend sound track effort. I'm a man -
just a weak, simple man. My nature and indeed, very instinct
, is to fill gaps... and break things. Like silence. So without further ado I subvert briiiiian's playlist with my own...
Continuing on from saturday, 5pm, we've got ourselves:
1. "The Vodka Ad", by Woody Allen, from Woody Allen: Standup Comic. Recorded live at Eugene's, San Francisco, August 1968. (5:01)
2. "I Like Bananas Because They Have No Bones", performed by Willie Bryant. (2:52)
3. "The Robots", by Senior Coconut Y Su Conjunto (covering Kraftwerk), from El Baile Aleman. (5:07)
4. "Optimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Their Forbidden Love". (0:27)
5. "Stolen Bike", by Danny Elfman, from the soundtrack to Pee-Wee's Big Adventure. (1:44)
6. "Cruel Yet Fair", by John Korsrud's Hard Rubber Orchestra, from Cruel Yet Fair. (7:55)
7. "Tico Tico no Fuba", by Zequinha Abreu, performed by Carmen Miranda. (2:38)
8. "Not Too Eggy", by the New Orleans Klezmer All-Stars, from Fresh Out the Past. (2:13)
9. "The Banjo's Categorical Gut", by Matmos, from the Everything is Nice compilation. (Well, it is.) (6:07)
10. "Johnstown", by Oh Susanna, from Johnstown. (4:36)
11. "Ducks Yas Yas", by Robert Crumb and the Cheap Suit Serenaders. (3:21)
12. "Macho Duck", from Mickey Mouse Disco. (4:38)
13. "I Don't Wanna Get Drafted", by Frank Zappa, from The Lost Episodes. (3:24)
14. "How I Joined Mensa", by Steve Martin, from Pure Drivel. (6:55)
15. "Please Don't Talk About Me When I'm Gone", by the Bluegrass Student Union, from The Legacy. (2:45)
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! Please stay tuned for Mind-bending, Altering Stereotypes in TECHNICOLOR!
For your amusement, songs (and indeed, the sets) are interspersed with light servings of samples.