Hue: Saturation: Brightness: Hue must be 0..419; S/B values must be 0..100.
Red: Green: Blue: R/G/B values must be 0..255.
Hex/named:
Convert named colors to hex
Hex fields will also accept HTML color names like dodgerblue etc.

From to
Convert named colors to hex
1234 5678 9101112 13141516

Additional "fake" named colors: wharfkhaki, wharfolive, jukkaback, jukkaodd, jukkabrown.


If you're having trouble with this page, explain briefly and click here:



Comments, complaints, offers one can't refuse, etc. all go to wharfinger.

In Opera 5, the hex and decimal values will be displayed, but not the colors. See Opera's DOM specs: They claim that as of version 6, they still don't support the backgroundColor attribute. However, I've gotten reports from Win32 Opera 6 users saying that the colors work fine. They're definitely not working for me in Opera 5, though. That's a tough one to work around, but I'll see what I can do. I never advise anybody to "upgrade"; it's your life, use your own judgement.

Other than that, we seem to work properly with Mozilla 0.9.5 (K-Meleon), Netscape 4, and IE 5.5 (Win32 for all three). If you're using IE4, or if you're using anything at all on Linux/UNIX, Mac, BeOS, Amiga, CPM-80, 16-bit Windows, Multics, or the Timex Sinclair, I'd like to hear from you.

[StarryNight] tells me that OmniWeb 4.0.6 on Mac is a no-go with this. [cbustapeck] is seeing problems with [icab] pre2.6 on MacOS 9.2.2 but not MacOS 10.1.2. A few weeks later: [cbustapeck] just let me know that icab pre2.6 has expired, and all is well on [icab] pre2.71, on MacOS 9.2.2 and X.