Haven't flown in...a long time. Weather sucks out here (Nor'easter just finishing up). Ah well, that's normal in spring, where flying weather is erratic (VFR at least).

Went in for my FAA medical exam. Aaaaaannnnnnd.....nope. Bzzzzt. I'm on blood sugar medication (metformin) which is, apparently, a no-no. I can understand that, you don't want someone in charge of an airplane who might be susceptible to sudden disorientation and blackouts. Of course, I'm not, because I don't have symptomatic diabetes - just elevated blood sugar. My doc won't call it diabetes. So there's hope; the medical examiner told me that everything else looks fine, and she's going to get on the horn with my doc back in New York City and they'll confer. She thinks there's a really good chance I'll get the certificate.

in the meantime, this is yet more motivation to get my ass into better shape. She weighed me at the exam, and even though I was wearing shoes/wallet/etc on her scale (I don't on my doc's) I was heavier than I've ever been. This is an impressively crappy number we're talking, people.

So I'm flailing at scattershot motivational tricks. I tried joining Fitocracy, but that didn't sway me. I tried reading You Are Your Own Gym, which seems handily useful, but...yeah, I didn't do anything. In a desperate appeal to gamification, I just ordered a FitBit tracker. We'll see if being unable to avoid being rated on my slothfulness helps. I bet it doesn't, but...sigh. What the fuck else can I do?