Two years ago, I programmed an artificial intelligence bot for mIRC (famous IRC client), which now has become quite known in Spain (despite it consists on few more than a bunch of well-placed ifs).

In order to test it, I made the bot join some channels in the Spanish network and open some queries (an easy way to implement a Turing test). Everything went normally. Some people soon ignored the bot while others had quite long conversations with it.

When I was about to release version 2.0 and my bot was getting quite famous, someone suggested he could make a female personality for it (it's modular, so you can select between several possible "minds" and add more). He took the original bot AI, changed all adjectives to their feminine equivalents, modified some (but few) sentences from its databases, and added lots of sentences related to sex, so that it could recognize most sex-related words and give different responses.

Before including it in version 2.0, I wanted to try some Turing Tests with this new personality, so I gave the bot a female nick (Silvie) and made it join channel #amor (#love in Spanish). I didn't have to open any query. I counted thirty-six queries in a minute. And I'm not joking. I repeated this test several times and I got an average of twenty queries by spending just a minute on the channel, while with the male personality I got none. But there is something even more pathetic: many times, after repeating the experiment two or three men had sent the bot their phone.

What else can I say? We are dumb. I like to think that I'm not, but... what if I'm wrong, and all men, including me, are dumb?