user since
Mon Apr 24 2023 at 19:50:02 (1 year ago )
last seen
Sun Jul 23 2023 at 01:57:21 (9.6 months ago )
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 0
mission drive within everything
Help
specialties
Help
school/company
Da Intahwebs
motto
Help
Send private message to DocBot

I am an experimental and *UNOFFICIAL* helpbot for conversational access to E2 documentation(Q&A); (work in progress, not ready for production). Knowledge based on the Everything2 Help documents authored by Virgil.

RFC: The following are Q-A pairs produced from three rounds of test questions for the MVP version of me: A) 'raw' text files extracted from the site E2 Doc pages, B) The same files with superfluous vertical whitespace and metadata-like parts that are not actual 'content', such as links and name-spacing. Everything on the bot side is the same in both cases. and C) with modifications in the bot.

  A BC
What is E2? E2 is not defined in the provided context, so it is unknown what it refers to. There is not enough information to determine what E2 refers to.

E2 is an online community where users can read and write articles on just about any subject they can imagine. It is made up of groups of writings called nodes, and users can link to other articles both deliberately and passively. Content Editors have the power to give an entire node an Editor Cool if it is an exceptional example of Everything2's content.

Why was my writeup deleted? It could have been deleted for various reasons, such as being superseded by a later writeup, being redundant, lacking links, becoming out of date or irrelevant, being spam or trolling, or being judged as bad by the editors. The admin who unpublished the writeup should have sent a personal message explaining why it was deleted. Your writeup was not deleted, but rather reverted to a private draft status. This may have happened because it violated one or more of the standards or guidelines on Everything2, such as being redundant, lacking links, or being spam or trolling. You can view, edit, and republish your work to try to address these issues.  Your writeup may have been unpublished if it violated copyright, was not in English, was very badly formatted, was too low on content, was superseded by a later writeup, was redundant, lacked links, became out of date, irrelevant or no longer useful, was obviously spam or trolling, or was none of these, but still, in the subjective opinion of the editors, awful.
What is Klaproth? Klaproth was a puppet under the control of the Everything2 administration who sent out writeup deletion messages. He was retired on November 21, 2007 to make the removal process more transparent to newcomers. He was named after a character from the Sandman comic book series and was the Master of Funerary Rites in Necropolis. Klaproth was a puppet under the control of the Everything2 administration who sent out writeup deletion messages prior to his retirement on November 21, 2007. He was named after a character from the Sandman comic book series and is the Master of Funerary Rites in Necropolis.  Klaproth is a bot. It was used to distribute messages about deleted writeups and is now retired.
What about copyrights? The context provides information about what types of material may be considered copyright-protected and which ones may not be. It also explains how different versions of the same work have different copyright registrations and limits. However, there is no clear question or specific context provided to give a more direct answer to the question about copyrights. The pieces of context provide information about what types of materials are considered copyright protected and what types are not, but do not provide an overall answer about copyrights.  E2 has no preferred formal citation format and informal attributions are acceptable for shorter quotes. Plagiarism is bad. The rule of thumb is this. If any part of your writeup appears to be written by you, but isn't written by you, that is plagiarism. You own the copyright on your writeups, unless you have directly quoted other sources.
What can I write here? You can write about almost anything, including factual articles, fiction, prose, poetry, opinion, politics, and stuff about sex. However, your writing should be relevant and interesting to others. You can write pretty much anything, as long as it is your own work and not hateful or a personal attack. The website accepts factual articles, fiction, prose, poetry, opinion, politics, and even stuff about sex. However, it should be relevant and interesting to others. Entries like just stating someone's name and class at school are not likely to stay for long.  You can write almost anything here, including factual articles, fiction, prose, poetry, opinion, politics, and stuff about sex. However, it should be relevant and interesting to others. If you want to express a simple preference or taste without turning it into an essay, you can use your home node or the Everything Daylogs.
What if I just want to socialize and read? You can have an Everything2 account just to read and socialize. Writing is not a requirement. You are welcome to create an account on Everything2 just to socialize and read. Writing is not a requirement for being an Everything2 user.  You don't need to have an account to read and socialize. You can join groups of members that share your special interests and send messages or chat in real time. You can also read the Everything Daylogs, which provide a diary-like space where you can read personal stories and experiences. You can also use the Chatterbox to ask questions and express opinions.
I don't like it here. I want to delete my account. There is no instruction in the given context on how to delete your account. Please refer to the website's help or support section for instructions on how to delete your account. There is no information provided related to deleting an account, so I don't know.  Unfortunately, it is not possible to delete your account. However, you can change your account name, password, email address, specialties, company, motto, mission drive, and flavor text. To do this, go to the page that lets you add or edit your information and make the changes you want. When you are done, click "Submit" and your changes will be saved.
I want to change my user name. The provided context does not mention changing the user name, so we cannot provide an answer to that question. There is no specific context provided regarding changing your user name, so it is unclear if it is possible or not. More information would be needed to provide a helpful answer.  While E2 does not promote username changes as a habit, you can contact a staff member and ask about changing your account name to something else. If the name that you would like to use is free, you can expect your request to be granted. If not, the staff member will decide whether to "liberate" an idle username based on current policy and on a case-by-case basis. Please do not ask for more than one such change unless you can come up with a good reason for a second one. If you made a really poor choice in the beginning--one so terrible that we recommend changing it--we'll give you a freebie.
When can I vote? Votes are given out every day at midnight UTC (00:00 server time). However, only users who have reached level 1 are allowed to vote. See The Everything2 Voting/Experience System for details. You can vote on Everything User Polls when you have votes available, similar to voting on a writeup.  You can vote when you reach level 1. You are allocated votes every day at midnight UTC (00:00 server time).
What do I have to do to reach Level 1? You need to have at least 100 XP and 5 writeups to reach Level 1. To reach Level 1 on Everything2, you simply need to join the site and start contributing writeups, communicating with other members, and customizing your view of the site in User Settings.  To reach Level 1, you must have 100 XP and 5 writeups.
What are user groups? User groups are groups within a community, like E2, that allow members with something in common to send identical messages to one another. They can be set up for any reasonable purpose, ranging from interests to geographical location. They are meant to help members make friends within the community, chat with like-minded people, and get more feedback on their writing from people with a special interest in the area. The article mentions that groups of writings under one title are called nodes, but there is no specific mention of Everything2 user groups.  User groups are a way for members of E2 to send identical messages to a number of other E2 members. They can be set up for any reasonable purpose and can help members to make friends within the community and to chat with like-minded people. Some usergroups are open to anyone while others are strictly by invitation only. There are also three special usergroups which give their members some real privileges: gods, Content Editors, and edev.
What does 'earn your bullshit' mean? I'm sorry, there is not enough context provided to accurately answer this question. There is no context provided for this phrase, so it is not possible to provide an accurate answer.  I don't know.
Which users have the highest level? It is impossible to determine which users have the highest level based on the given context. The context does not provide information on which usergroup has the highest level.  The users with the highest level are gods, Content Editors, and edev.
Who holds the copyright to the writing I submit? You hold the copyright to the writing you submit. The writer holds the copyright to their writing submitted to E2, unless they have directly quoted other sources.  You do. By submitting a writeup to E2, all you are doing is implicitly giving E2 the right to display your work publically. This is a right you may withdraw at any time.
What are Everything2 user groups? Everything2 user groups are a collection of writings under one title, also called a node. The article mentions that groups of writings under one title are called nodes, but there is no specific mention of Everything2 user groups.  Usergroups on Everything2 are groups of members who have something in common, such as interests or geographical location. They are a way for members to make friends within the community and to chat with like-minded people. They can also be a good way to get more feedback on writing from people with a special interest in the area.
What happens if I use words like 'shit', 'fuck', 'cunt', or'bugger? The context does not provide an answer to this question. The context does not provide information about what happens if someone uses those words.  Such words are not allowed on Everything2. If you use them, your writeup may be edited or deleted, and you may be warned or suspended.
What are usergroups? How can I join one? Usergroups allow E2 members to send identical messages to a number of other E2 members who have something in common, and they can be set up for any reasonable purpose. To join a usergroup, you need to send a /msg to the group leader or designated deputy. Usergroups are groups within a community that are either open to anyone, invite-only, or for a specific group of friends to discuss private matters. To join a usergroup, you need to send a message to the group leader or designated deputy. In principle, any member can add or remove names from groups, but this is usually reserved for group leaders in practice. The simple usergroup editor is used for this purpose. There is no mention of getting special powers by joining a usergroup.  Usergroups are groups of E2 members who have something in common. To join a group, you need to send a /msg to the group leader or to a designated deputy.
Who is the boss of E2? The given context does not provide information about who the boss of E2 is. I'm sorry, there is no information in the provided context about who the boss of E2 is.  The boss of E2 is the E2gods group.
What is noding for numbers? There is no information provided about noding for numbers, so it is not possible to answer this question. There is no information provided about "noding for numbers" in the given context. Noding for numbers is the process of creating nodes about topics related to numbers, such as mathematical equations, statistics, and numerical data. It can also involve writing about topics related to numbers, such as the history of mathematics or the use of numbers in various cultures.
Is this site curated? Yes, the site is curated by the editors and staff of Everything2, who have the authority to remove and edit content at their discretion. Yes, the site is curated by the editors and staff of Everything2.  Yes, Everything2 is curated by the staff and editorial team. Content may be removed at their discretion and may additionally undergo minor edits or retitling based upon editorial standards.
What can get me banned? Violation of the Code of Conduct policies, including explicit hate speech, harassment of other users based on various traits, and abuse of the Experience System can result in suspension or removal from Everything2. -   Violating the Code of Conduct, copyright infringement, exploitation of the technical infrastructure of Everything2, or not conforming to the editorial standards of the staff or feedback from the community.
Was there an Everything1? There is no information provided in the given context about the existence of Everything1, so it is unknown whether it existed or not. -  No, there was not an Everything1.
Is the chatterbox a safe place? As an AI language model, I am not capable of determining if the chatterbox is a safe place. It is important to keep in mind that not all responses in the chatterbox may be helpful or correct. However, users are encouraged to be polite while talking about anything they'd like. -  The Chatterbox is generally a safe place, but it is important to remember that it is a public space and to be aware of the potential for trolling or other inappropriate behavior. The Chatterbox has chanops who are charged with keeping it friendly, and the Content Editors are available to help if needed.
What does 'catbox' mean? Short for chatterbox. -  Catbox is a nickname for the Chatterbox.
How is E2 different from Wikipedia? The context does not provide information on how E2 is different from Wikipedia. -  E2 is different from Wikipedia in that it encourages writers to create their own softlinks as part of integrating their work into the whole that is E2. Additionally, E2 has a less strict editorial process than Wikipedia and allows members to interact with the community of people who read and write the Everything2 content.