Nothing is off-topic in an Untitled Normal Page.

When a user creates a new HTML page in Microsoft FrontPage, the program gives it <title>Untitled Normal Page</title>. I searched Google for Untitled Normal Page and got pages on gardening, tree frogs, tai chi, Mexican university radio, neural networks, the nature of hypertext, stolen cars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer ate my balls, tablecloths, and classic video games. Looking for "New Page 1" (the default title of another HTML editor) returns a set just as diverse.

When I add the word "Everything" to the mix, I get a different list: more tai chi, white wine, artificial intelligence, Melrose Place, and sports for the physically challenged.

But why do all these different pages have the same title? FrontPage's default behavior seems to completely defeat the purpose of the <title> element, which is to provide a short description of the page, identify the page in users' bookmark lists, and provide keywords to search engines such as Google. According to the W3C's definition of HTML 4:

Authors should use the title element to identify the contents of a document. Since users often consult documents out of context, authors should provide context-rich titles. Thus, instead of a title such as "Introduction", which doesn't provide much contextual background, authors should supply a title such as "Introduction to Medieval Bee-Keeping" instead.