More fun with trademarks from TESS, the USPTO's trademark search engine:
- Trademark 75732193: UNIX "storage and transportation of high compressed gas, metal storage tanks for preservation, and manually operated metal valves. FIRST USE: 19990311. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19990311"
- Trademark 75079172: UNIX "opthalmic frames; sunglasses; and, parts thereof. FIRST USE: 19960606. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19960606"
- Trademark 74713724: UNIX DIAPERS BY PANNOLINI "disposable diapers. FIRST USE: 19950131. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19950731". Drypers has since bought Pannolini.
- Abandoned trademark 73698917: UNIX "WRITING AND DRAWING INSTRUMENTS - NAMELY, FOUNTAIN PENS AND BALLPOINT PENS"
- Abandoned trademark 74306860: UNIX "golf shafts"
- Trademark 73544900: UNIX "COMPUTER PROGRAMS. FIRST USE: 19721214. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19721214" registered by AT&T transferred to UNIX SYSTEM LABORATORIES, INC (apparently a unit of The Open Group)
Read More: http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/otherunix.html
- Trademark 75735641: LINUX "laundry detergents and laundry bleaches for home use; all purpose cleaning preparations for home use; general purpose scouring powders; skin soap for personal use; perfume; essential oils for personal use; preparations for personal hygiene and cosmetic purposes, namely, hair shampoo, skin toners, shower gel, skin lotions; hair tonic and toothpaste"
- Trademarks 75867400, 75867401, and 75868269: LINUX "SALE SERVICE, IMPORT AND EXPORT, BIDDING AGENT FOR VAUIOUS PRODUCTS FROM DOMESTIC FACTORIES, PRICE OFFERING AGENT FOR VARIOUS PRODUCTS FROM DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL FACTORIES," "COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA PROCESSING," and "DISKETTE, CD-ROM, CARD READER, HARD DISK, RAM, CPU, ROM, MICRO-COMPUTER, SERVER COMPUTER, DATA PROCESSOR, SOFTWARE, PROGRAM, DISK DRIVER, DATA READER, TAPE WITH PROGRAM, DISK WITH PROGRAM"
- Trademark 75815006: MS-LINUX "computer software for desktop, client and server applications for computer systems and computer peripherals including internet applications". At least it isn't registered to Microsoft.
- Trademark : LINUX "computer operating system software to facilitate computer use and operation. FIRST USE: 19940802. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19940802" registered by Croce, William R. Della, Jr assigned to TORVALDS, LINUS