Yesterday I hiked up Stawamus Chief with p_i and 8 or so other modem folk, so today when I woke up I was mighty sore. I got to limp around because one leg is more sore than the other, and people would do a double take at me on the bus because they didn't expect a young'n like me to be limping. This so amused me that I was almost tempted to keep limping even after the ache went away, but thankfully I've mastered some degree of restraint in my life. I woke up and threw a rubber snake at my cat. I think I've discovered why he likes to chew on my computer's cords and cables - they look like rubber snakes. Toby is entranced and spends the rest of the day biting, chewing, carrying, throwing and chasing this snake. The snake, unperturbed, continues to bare its rubber fangs menacingly. Ahh, such unrefined courage!

I went to church. I was a bit late and had to sneak in between sections. We had a guest minister (well, they're all guest ministers; the church doesn't have a regular minister or even an interrim minister right now. they're looking, I hear. maybe I'll give them dem bones' name and we can have a sermon on the ethics of noding.), Bill something, who gave a rollicking sermon that went from anti-christian to pro-atheism to elaborate descriptions of aspects of hinduism and ending by recommending we strive to remember our true selves. He managed to find some obscure jewish psalm that seemed to hint vaguely at God being an aspect of the self, hidden in Judaism's simple dualism. Wacky guy. Apparently he was a research chemist before went in for the ministry; you could tell he was some flavour of science geek when he started quoting Schrödinger in his sermon. And the choir sang some song about Nova Scotia. Afterwards I was talking with some of the choir and someone asked why they'd sung that song during service. "Because it's an important song." "Why?" "Because, it's beautiful." I like these unitarians.

I went downtown to work; we moved our office on friday and I wanted to doublecheck that all my computers were still alive and kicking. The lanmodem was turned off, but all the critical boxes seemed happy. I changed the dates on all of my date stamps since I though I might forget in my monday morning stupor; I looked down at one of them and noticed that MAY spelled backwards as it is on a rubber stamp says YAM. Yes folks, it's national Yam awareness month! Send tributes to the queen of yamland to me!

I went to get cat food and kitty litter. My cat's food was on sale so I also bought some gushy mushy canned cat food for him. I wanted to get the scratching post shaped like a traffic cone, but I figure I'll wait until he's finished demolishing my cardboard boxes; maybe that'll convince me to unpack them. I came home, and Toby was still chasing around his snake. oh, Toby, I love you.