The Company was founded by Pinin Farina in 1930 and until the Forties it concentrated on the design and craftsman construction of special car bodies, with innovative styling and technical features for individual customers or in a small production runs. Those were the years of the Alfa Romeo 8 and 6 cylinders, the Hispano Suiza Coupé, the Lancia Dilambda and Astura, the Fiat Ardita and the revolutionary aerodynamic Lancia Aprilia Coupé. After the difficult war years, 1947 was the year of the Cisitalia, the first car to be on permanent display in a modern art museum, the MOMA in New York.
In the second half of the Fifties Pininfarina began high run production (27,000 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spiders) for industrial customers, and transferred its headquarters from Turin to Grugliasco, under the guidance of the Founder’s son Sergio Pininfarina and son in law Renzo Carli. Manufacturing structures were strengthened, and the cooperation agreements with various car makers (Peugeot, Fiat, Lancia, Alfa Romeo and Ferrari) were consolidate in the Sixties as the Company acquired an industrial dimension.
In the Eighties the Ferrari Pinin, the Audi Quartz, the Peugeot Griffe, the Alfa Romeo Vivace Coupé and Spider, the Lancia Hit and the Ferrari Mythos were all presented at International Motor Shows. The Company continued to provide styling consultancy services to noumerous manufacturers, for the Peugeot 205 Saloon and Cabriolet, 405 and 106, the Alfa Romeo 164, the Ferrari GTO, Testarossa, F40, 348 TB and TS. Pininfarina Deutschland Gmbh was set up in 1991, to operate in the German market in the field of car engineering, tooling and model making.

Just a few of each...
Alfa Romeo: Ferrari: Lancia: Peugeot: Fiat:
  • I am to lazy to pick just ten Pinin Fiats right now.
  • You will have to wait until tomorrow.
Also, there were a few cars for GM (Buick and Cadillac).