Ferrari (through a number of racing, design, and performance triumphs) has earned itself one of the most famous names in automotive history.

In the 1920s and '30s, Alfa Romeo was perhaps the most famous name in automobile racing. The manager of Alfa Romeo's highly successful racing activities was Enzo Ferrari.

By 1940, Ferrari's affiliation with Alfa Romeo had ended, and the first Ferrari was racing competitively in Italy under the name Auto Avio Costruzione (due to Enzo Ferrari's agreement with Alfa Romeo not to use his own name for a specified number of years following their parting).

This Auto Avio Costruzione automobile, known as the Tipo 815, featured a 1 1/2 liter straight-8 engine comprised of two Fiat Tipo 508 heads on a specially-cast light alloy block. The frames and suspension were also largely Fiat. The aerodynamic bodies were designed by Touring. Only two Tipo 815's were built.

The first Ferrari by name, called the Tipo 125, appeared near the end of 1946. It featured a 118 bhp, 1 1/2 liter V-12 engine (which was later used in Ferrari Grand Prix racing cars) a 5-speed gearbox, tubular frames, and independent front suspension.

Ferrari models, automotive racing triumphs, and design innovations soon proliferated, and Ferrari was well on its way to continuing automotive fame.

Ferrari never has and never will imitate anyone.

Furthermore, there is no comparison between German rigidity (read, brute force effect) and an Italian fine driving machine.