This is a good recipe for meat sauce, although you can make it w/o the meat:
- chop garlic and onions and fry them in olive oil. Remove them to a plate.
- Fry the hamburger (until the color has changed) in the same pan and then remove to a plate.
- brown the tomato paste in the same pan- when the tomato paste is brown, add in the garlic, onions and hamburger and add all the other ingreedients as well.
- heat to boiling, then lower to a simmer
- cook 1-2 hours on low heat, stirring often
This recipe will easily serve a family of 4-6 people. You can put it on basically any type of pasta- my favorite is angel hair.