Early this morning saw me leaving leaving Do Re Mi Karaoke in an angry mood. We were in the place for three hours and we sang a total of less than ten songs, because their machines kept screwing up and putting on the wrong songs. We had an argument with the owner because we said that we shouldn't have to pay because we had waited a lot more time to sing than we had actually spent singing- we got a small discount, but ended up paying $70 anyway. We spent the whole ride home in my friend's car talking about Boston's lack of a good karaoke- I am going to change my write-up based on last night's experience. We were all thinking about "Cash Box" and we talked about going there next Summer when I am out of school.

Anyway, they dropped me off at BC, where I stayed with my friend and played Tekken Tag, which is a great game even though I forget all the moves. I won twice out of about 10 matches with my friend, but he was totally goofing of fand doing wierd moves, but once I remembered how to play I used Law and Lei to wipe the floor with him. We played that until about 3:30 and then I went to sleep on the couch. I woke up at exactly 8 AM, and promptly called my dad because we were going to meet up in Boston and go to Amherst together. While I was waiting for my dad at the corner of the common some bums came up (there is a shelter on Boylston Street right near there) and asked me if I had any change, which I, having just bought myself a bagel, did. The question sort of caught me off guard, and I was listening to music besides so I just sort of handed the money over without saying anything and kept standing there.

Anyway, my dad came along and picked me up and we went to the 88 Super market in South Boston, where I bought my suply of instant noodles for the next month or so. I also got some pickled bamboo shoots to put in the instant noodle, a bag of rice, some lychee jellies and a lot of canned fish. Originally I just went in for some rice, instant noodles and bamboo shoots, but I ended up spending almost $50! Every time I go shopping for myself I seem to spend a lot of money. My parents say that I should learn the value of money, but I always tell them that there is no value of having money unless you spend it On the other hand, I have only 35 cafeteria meals for the whole semester, so I am going to need a lot of food to cook with.

My dad was tired, so I had to drive the Jetta out to Amherst. I am not really so well-acquainted with the nuances of driving standard yet, but I managed to get away with only mild embarrassment when I stalled at at the toll booth when I got off the Pike. Nobody is back in the dorm yet, so I am up in my room on my computer and waiting for my roommate to get back. In the meantime, I moved into our considerably more spacious new room, and because I was bored, I moevd all my roommate's stuff in too. Oh well, I'm gonna go use napster, I haven't been on in a month so I think I am going to get some new music. My friend says that there is a new Wu Bai CD and I want to see if I can find that.