Miles can walk now, on his big chunky sweet legs, bowlegged and smiley and determined to push all the buttons and reach all the high places.

We were at a friend’s house and he climbed stairs for the first time ever. I was really freaked out because they have hardwood floors (like we do, but we have no stairs). My Mommymind was screaming out “NO! I am not ready for you to climb stairs!” but I tried to just relax and keep watch. Of course then, as soon as I looked away he tried to sit down backwards and fell. I saw what was about to happen and lunged for him, saving him from a hard smack on the floor, but further torqueing my ribcage, which I just had adjusted.

A few days ago I was sitting on the couch with my husband, just hanging out, when suddenly I felt like a rib was poking into my lung and I could barely breath or stand upright. It turns out that my imperfect breasts are getting the best of me. All that extra weight on one side is gradually throwing off my alignment.

Night nursing while lying down has also caused problems. That is where the torque comes in. I fall asleep nursing with my arm up and my hip resting in an uncomfortable way and BOOM, twisted ribcage, kinked neck and misalligned hips.

I did get to experience electrodes on my back and current in the trouble spots. It was strange to be face down, cheeks all smashy smashy, looking through a slit in the table, knowing that there are electric currents going into my back. I went back again two days later to re-check my alignment (after the baby-saving lunge) and sure enough I had twisted it again, but this time not as bad. So I was re-aligned and then got to spend twenty of the most relaxing minutes ever on this fabulous water massage table. These powerful rotating water jets that traveled up and down my body, jiggling my butt, tickling my feet, erasing all tension from my back. There was sunlight shining through the window and blue sky. It was so great that words will not do it justice.

When I got out of there I drove home and made every light. It was like I had the road all to myself, even though it was lunchtime. I even heard Lean On Me on the radio I was secretly delighted because I love singing in the car but do not have a tape deck. Although I am not really geeked about that song I knew all the words and I belted it out to the sky, full force, feeling well adjusted and absolved of tension and crankiness.