Maybe I should have named this "What to Do When You Find Out Your New 28 Year Old Boyfriend Has More Comics in His Closets Than Porn on His Hard Drive". But I really like to avoid long node titles if at all possible. This happened to me a few years ago, when I started dating this really incredible guy. He was much older than me, so I was really expecting to have to live up to a certain maturity level.

Then I came over to his place after school one night, so we could go see a movie. He showed me around his place, and blushingly tried to close one of his closet doors where small booklets and cellophane wrappers were just spilling out. I knew what they were the moment I saw them, as I was still in withdrawal from a Spiderman, Star Wars, D&D fanatic. I had spent more money on gaming books, action figures you can NEVER open, that I'm amazed I ever had the money for our joint N64, pizza pockets, Jose Cuervo habits (this was some years ago now). So this was not an unchartered territory. I've always believed in feeding the 'inner little boy'. They don't have to hide their obsessions from you and sometimes you get to play with the toys too. Maybe.

Upon seeing the evidence, I burst into giggles, telling him I thought it was charming. My laughter got louder and louder as he began opening every closet in the place except for his clothes closet. (where my aligator Docs used to stay). Hey, I love a man with a passion, and five closets stuffed chock full of Marvels ain't gonna scare me.

Many months later, after we were a tried and true couple, some friends of ours were having problems with their wives and girlfriends. Apparently, they had found their men's porn collections on the 'puters. Hearing that, I suggested they bring them over to our place so we could copy it all and save it for them. For a rainy day? My guy was astonished. I had no problems or jealousies, I had nothing to fear. I have all my original parts, a butt-load of self-confidence, and a real kinky side. So we combined the files, and I sorted them out for hours, figuring what belonged to whom, as my guy just sat there next to me with his mouth open. He knew he never had to hide a thing from me after that.

So what do you do? In either case, just go with it. Don't take their toys from them, there isn't any reason. This goes for video games, musical instruments, cars, servers, animals, etc. If they can afford to have them, let them. What? Are you afraid they will detract from you? In that instance, naked yoga is a good attention getter. If not, go get your own toys!