Wharfinger emerges from his cave deep below the ocean. He slouches toward Heorot with blood on his maddened mind, and the sweet sounds of Neko Case in his ears . . .

  • Upper Baboonasshole by bobort (never on E2): "A community of anarchy located 6 blocks east of mars." Wrong. It's a dysphemism for "West Bumblefuck" or "Podunk", used in Naked Lunch. If memory serves, you spelled it wrong: I'm pretty sure it's "Baboonsasshole". I don't feel like wading into Naked Lunch right now to check. The writeup is worthless by any standards, and I think we can kill the nodeshell because the Old Man himself is no longer around on this earth to fill it.

    Now that the nodeshell is gone, a search turns up "Upper Peninsula" . . . coincidence, I'm sure . . .

  • middle ages by hapsi (never seen on E2): "Era between the Greeks and the Renaissance." Yes, and Boston is between Tierra del Fuego and Kendall Square. Next? hapsi's other writeups are fine (okay, "acceptable"); I don't know what got into him there.

  • Trondheim by zyntax: 95% plagiarized. I requested a rewrite the day he noded it, August 31; all he did was rephrase the first sentence slightly. Well, I wasn't kidding. Several of zyntax's writeups are plagiarized, all from the same source: http://www.hist.no/english. This one was from http://www.hist.no/english/intro.htm. I /msg'd him about this, in the forlorn hope that he will fix the others.


Nodeshells worth 'nihilating:


Wharfinger senses a tremor in the gel, and smells/tastes/feels the departure of much mousepad-shaped wrongness. Many wrong/bad/not-done shapes are gone. He is glad. The goodness of the gel comforts him. Good gel. Lovely gel. He feeds on the gel, delicately mauling it with his mandibles and chelicerae. The gel cradles his sleepy head and soothes his tired eyes. Goodnight, sweet gel, and choirs of Tacoman neo-country slackers sing thee to thy rest . . .

{bulldyke} : requested clarification. none, inevitably, will be forthcoming {The Writer's Apology} some pompous ass can't spell /msg PMD there are some errors in {Daisy Miller}: "recommend", not "reccommend" (pgh 1), "free rein", not "reign" (pgh 3), "should never *have* been give the opportunity" (pgh 5)