Today was one of those days that didn't really have too much physical exertion, but I ended up being tired as hell half way through.

I switched the day shift for the night shift at work so that I could get my student pilot medical exam. I have logged 16.7 hours in a Cessna 150, and am on my way to solo flight (without an instrustor).

I always found medical examinations to be a bit odd. I mean, I get the relevance and all, but it just makes me feel like a car or something, examining my inner workings to see if I pass a safety inspection. You get what you get when it comes to your physical self. Luck of the draw, some may say. I passed everything with flying colors (little pilot humor), and it made me think how lucky I really am. It threw me off a little when he asked for a urine sample. A wash of heat ran over my body as I tried to count all the times I puffed the cheeba in the past 30 days. "What if I... don't have to go" I replied. I think he recognized my reaction and went on to explain that it was only to check the sugar content or if there is any blood in my urine, and I could wait a little if I needed to. After a few different pokes and prods, vision and hearing tests, blood pressure, and the ol' turn your head and cough routine, I was officially a student pilot ready for solo flight. Time to stop playing Airport games that will get you beaten.

Since I had several more hours until I had to be at work, I decided to go to Cleveland and take some pictures for the Black and White Photography course I am currently taking. I hate the city. The parking situation alone is enough to drive me crazy! I ended up paying ten dollars to park for like two or three hours... so lame, but I'm sure with a little patience, which I do not have in the city, that could have been avoided. I walked around, not knowing what I really wanted to capture. I ended up near the shores of Lake Erie and decided I needed to get some pictures near the water. Maybe I'll happen upon Gary Coleman and Mr. T in a Trout slapping competition or something.

I found this closed port by the Cleveland Browns stadium. Walking past several "No Unauthorized Entry" signs along the parameter of the property, I found a hole in the fence, and decided that the signs could be ignored this time... no harm, no foul. I got some pretty pictures, and realized how truely annoying the sea gull is. Finding Nemo had it all right! It took the company about an hour to realize that someone had unlawfully entered their property. The gentleman was very nice and I left without a fight. I ended up wandering around aimlessly for another hour or so, not finding anything photo-worthy (only because I stopped really looking) and decided it was time for lunch.

Tower City, the mall of cleveland, was where I stopped for lunch. I never really was much for malls once the teen angst left my system, but lunch was calling my name. After lunch, I thought it best to go away from the city a bit, and headed east to a more residential area. After a brief interlude with pissed off city drivers and children throwing what little snow was left on the ground at passing cars and busses, I came to a rather run-down section of town. I got out and walked for about 5 minutes, until I realized how unsafe a white man carrying a decent camera in this neighborhood really was. I decided this trip was about over and headed back to the car.

I never really understood how driving could make someone so tired. It just doesn't make that much sense to me, but I was BEAT! I made it home with enough time to poop and sleep for about an hour before I had to be at stupid work. If there was something to do besides babysit the editorial department on the night shift, it may be different.... nah, it would still suck. I always thought it would be cool to work at a newspaper. I should probably rethink that thought. Well, at least I can sit here and play around on the internet.