Well, today the live in ex-girlfriend took her cat, shadow, to her new place. I am suprisingly sad, though it is rather selfish for me to be so. Her cat stayed in my room, rather unwanted by my roommates. So in my room she stayed. my cat recently dissappeared after 16 years of life. He was one of my best friends, and shadow made the transition much easier. I became pretty good friends with her, and I already miss her. Today she leaves.

I spent the past month and a half trying to get my ex-girlfriend to leave, now i think I'll miss her. She was good to me, we just were not for eachother. I find myself feeling a little jealous when she doesn't hang around though I complained about it before, but I realize that I need to move on. I can't fan the flames of those unwanted games anymore. We've all got our problems, I guess. As long as I can recognize and control them before they become a problem, I'm doing alot better!

In my recent encounter with myself, seeing as my ex-girlfriend is finally not filling up every second of my life besides sleep and work, I have taken up a few new challenegs. I figure i should fill up as many hours a week as i can with productivity. I have taken it upon myself to help out a friend who truely needs it. Thruought his 27 years on this planet, he has never been made to do much of anything. He dropped out of school after 3 years of being held back in 9th grade for absenteeism, he's never held a job for more than a few months, and he hasn't had a job in about 3 or 4 years. His mom buys him the necessities of life. You know, cigarettes, pepsi, food, milk (he mentioned milk himself while we were discussing how he doesn't have to get anything done himself. I thought it a bit weird, but hey, everyone has their needs.), and his brother buys him the other necessity in life, marijuana. So he doesn't have to work for shit. After fighting about how he needs to know how to take care of himself off and on for about 10 years now, I decided to dedicate my time to helping him get his drivers license. He seems to be neutral about the whole thing. He knows he needs help getting started in life because he doesn't really know how, and he's pretty lazy. If i hold his hand and walk him through this, I'm hoping that he'll keep walking when i let go.... i hope.

My roommate, who also has been without a job the past 6 months and occupies most of his time playing star wars galaxy, is becoming quite the lump himself. He turned down a job 40 minutes away making $7.00/hour cause "I can work at McDonalds for $7.00/hour" he says. So I bet him $100.00 that he couldn't find a job in 5 days making $7.00/hr. (he has a little money from tax returns still, so he was good for the $100). Wouldn't you know, he found a damn job as a telemarketer making $7.10/hr. It was probably the best hundred dollars I ever spent I suppose, but now I'm broke. At least I am feeling good about what I am spending my time doing, now. That's more than I could say a year ago.