I sat down to do a write-up similar to the first write up in this daylog, though mine was inspired by the procrastination that is TV, along with the general pacification of life. It makes me wonder how many other people out there feel this way, and why?

Warning: "What does it all mean" rant coming.

I am starting to think that we are all just longing to be connected to eachother without a monitor, phone, paper or any other less personal medium involved. We weren't made to hide under roofs inside little buildings and cars scared to talk to eachother, yet struggling for eachothers approval in some way.

I just thought about something. Most people in this country and many others are under a roof of some kind almost all day, aside from the daily walk to and or from where ever, those who's jobs are outside (i.e. forced outside) or the occasional family/friends outing. That is pretty damn weird. You know, if someone wanted to raise a family in a field... or even a cave, in the U.S.A., they would have their children taken away from them and be put in jail or a mental institution. Our superiority complex as a race has led to our complete seperation from Earth, or more the ability to control our environment. Mother Nature is just to wild to tame, so we box ourselves in and control the box. What else would have plastic plants besides a human?

The lead singer of Tool calls society (actually, I think he was specifically talking about California, but it works here, too) "one great big festering neon distraction", but if that's true, from what are we being distracted? The fact that we are slaves on a corporate plantation, or something more? It's hard to understand the proper actions to take in life with such a clouded view on reality. If I knew a way to step away from it all and live freely to talk about it, I would. I just want to understand why I know there is so much more to life than what I experience on a daily basis, yet have no idea what that could be. Sure, there are the simple pleasures in life and the relationships we form, but how does that justify the existance of humanity. Where does this help the grand scheme of things?

I know there are no immediate answers to these questions, if ever, but documentation is integral in these kind of though processes to eliminate redundancy. Maybe someone will come across this and have all the answers... or maybe sometimes I just forget to live. I guess you are only limited by your perception of reality.

But the entity should know there is more to life than to live, and a success must be one in which the entity may grow in understanding and in knowledge. It must be one in which grace and mercy and truth have been and are the directing activities; else regrets, in the home, in the associations, may be the part of the entity's experience. Keep self, then, well balanced. Budget thy time more . . . For he that makes material gains at the expense of home or of opportunities and obligations with his own family does so to his own undoing.
Edgar Cayce