I first review the Halloween series as a whole, and later in this write-up (And time) I get into the movie of the same name (the first in the series). As I watch the other Halloweens, I will node them. If you have any fun facts or comments, let me know.

Warning, spoilers abound.
John Carpenter's Halloween series is a bunch of horror movies that started in the magic era of Horror - 1978. This is before even Friday the 13th (1980) and A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984).

Halloween is widely regarded as the movie that started the badguy-who-walks-slowly-with-a-mask horror genre. Even in the movie Scream, in that famous scene where the soon-to-die girl is asked what her favorite scary movie is, she says "Halloween."

Usually leaning towards suspense instead of buckets of blood and gore, the Halloween movies fill the much-needed "psychological thriller" gap throughout the 80's.

There are currently 8 movies in the Halloween lineup (linked as they are noded)
  1. Halloween (1978)
    • Body count: 3
  2. Halloween II (1981)
    • Body count: 13
  3. Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)
    • Bodycount: 17 *
  4. Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988)
    • Body count: 15 (at least)
  5. Halloween 5 (1989)
    • Body count: 15
  6. Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers (1995)
    • Body count: ?
  7. Halloween H20: 20 Years Later (1998)
    • Body count: 6
  8. Halloween: Resurrection (2002)
    • Body count: ?
TOTAL BODY COUNT: 69 * Though Michael Myers doesn't touch Jason's vast body count that reaches the triple digits, Mike's kills are usually more dramatic and suspenseful.