A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988) - Weasello Rating: {>>--} (So-So) {{ Prequel | Sequel }}
Please note that this review is laden with spoilers.

Freddy Injury Count: A car is dropped on Freddy's head, kicked in the head, punched 4 times, is kung-fu'd (punch/kick combo) 14 times, punched 4 times, kicked once, and electrocuted with one of those stun-gun thingies. He is then banged on the head 6 times before his face explodes by looking in the mirror. Remember that, kids: You can always kill freddy if you can just convince him to look in a mirror. Note that it did not work several other times in the movie...

Body count: Only 6. Freddy is making a name for himself as the guy who threatens but doesn't deliver. He does do a good job in the terror department, however.

Plot Outline: In this installment of the Freddy series, we actually get to see a claymation (woot!) skeletal Freddy. You see, it is required of our heros to track down Freddy's bones and bury him! This will (obviously) destroy him forever*!

You know, I don't think there's much more plot than that. Freddy's bones are hidden in some junkyard and the heros have to track it down, dig it up, battle the skeletal claymation freddy, and give him a proper, christian burial. This seems to make Freddy... You guessed it... Dissapear in a sparkle of special effects.

My Opinion: Gah, I can hardly remember this movie even after just watching it. Though I did like Freddy himself, the plot was a bit lacking and the show went on for a bit too long. There was more claymation too - I like that in a movie. In any case, this movie is definitely better than Part 2, and I would give it a 5 out of 10. This is definitely a forgettable movie.

Interesting Notes:
  • This is the first movie of the series to sport previews on it's VHS tape.
  • This is the first movie of the series to feature kung-fu action.
  • A voodoo dog pees fire. 'nuf said.
  • Freddy has way-cool sunglasses.
Fun Quotes!
  • Freddy: "Wanna suck face?"
    Girl: "No."
  • "Fuckin' A!" - Several people
Lead roles: Directed by: Renny Harlin

Writing credits: Wes Craven (Characters), William Kotzwinkle

Tagline: Terror Beyond Your Wildest Dreams.
Sources: The oh-so-wonderful IMDB, my head, and the box.