Pardon me, boy...
Is that the Chattanooga Choo Choo?

Often quoted, frequently sung, and just generally found anywhere, Chattanooga Choo Choo was a hit song back in the days of swing - 1940s perhaps - featured in the movie Sun Valley Serenade. It was performed by Glenn Miller and his orchestra. It was a #1 in late 1941 and the Glenn Miller recording was #1 for nine straight weeks.

It's about a train. Obviously. Contrary to popular myth, it is not about any one train, but was written on the Birmingham Special train and inspired by a small steam locomotive. The song tells a story about a train trip from New York to (duh) Chattanooga Station, the latter of which is now a resort. The train that inspired it is now in a museum. (Apparently, it chose to forgo all its royalties.)

The song has been used so many times in pop culture that it's now stupidly overused and clichéd, but everyone still loves it. It's in sitcoms (Black Books, Family Guy and Dilbert - among others), it's in adverts (including a 1970s Toffee Crisp advert) and it's in jokes ("Pardon me, Roy, is that the cat who chewed your new shoes?") It now annoys me. YMMV.

source: wikipedia. what else?
A nodeshell challenge by waverider37