Verizon is often annoying as example by my latest exchange with them:

Me: You have been spamming me since I started using your email service. I replied to the spam with a message which contained "unsubscribe" in the subject and the body. You replied with:

'We're sorry. This Verizon Online e-mail box is not monitored. If you prefer not to receive promotional e-mails from Verizon Online, please go to http://home.verizon.net , select My Account, select the "Special Offer E-Mail Preferences" link.'

Apparently, you don't want to make it easy for people to unsubscribe. I'm paying you $40 a month to provide a service, not to play these games.

I attempted to log in and remove myself from your spam list, and you instructed me to log in with my email address and password. Apparently, your fondness of games carries over into this area too, as I'm unable to log in with those. You have set it up so that I'm unable to unsubscribe from your spam list at all.

Please unsubscribe me from your spam list immediately.


Verizon (summarized): "We're sorry you're being spammed by a third party. We're working on fixing this problem. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about this. (Long prewritten message about spam in general follows)"


Me (summarized): "I'm not being spammed by a third party. I am being spammed by you--by Verizon. Stop sending me prewritten emails and get me off your spam list."


Verizon (summarized): "We're sorry that we can't remove you from this person's list. This is how to adjust your mail settings to filter out spam. (Long prewritten message follows)."