If all is truly flux where are the beginnings and where are the endings? It’s just mere coming and going. You long for permanence and as a result you suffer because there is none. Everything you see, hear, feel, and think is in a constant state of flux and flow. Everything involves what came before it in its own identity. Everything is dependent on earlier conditions, which are dependent on earlier conditions, still. There’s no end. If you think otherwise you’ve just frozen a view of reality. If nothing ever lasts, if nothing ever stays the same, why do we all suffer in the end? Why do we try so hard to keep things as they are when we know that it is impossible to freeze something in time? It's hard to believe the fact that we all go out of existence. It’s hard to face reality but to live in any other way is to live in ignorance which arises the entire mass of suffering. To see all of experience as utter fluidity, and therefor as nothing to grasp, own, or fear, is to rid ourselves of suffering.

Here is a quote of the Buddha’s teaching on how ignorance and intention are linked to duhkha via a twelve link chain which is called "Dependent Arising (pratityasamutpada)." He said,

"dependent upon ignorance arise dispositions; dependent upon dispositions arise consciousness; dependent upon consciousness arise mind and body; dependent upon mind and body arise the six senses; dependent upon the six senses arises contact; dependent upon contact arises feeling; dependent upon feeling arises craving; dependent upon craving arises grasping; dependent upon grasping arises being; dependent upon being arises birth; dependent upon birth arise old age and death, grief, lamentation, suffering, dejection, and despair. Thus arises the entire mass of suffering.

However, from the utter fading away and ceasing of ignorance, there is ceasing of dispositions; from the ceasing of dispositions, there is ceasing of consciousness; from the easing of consciousness, there is ceasing of mind and body; from the ceasing of mind and body, there is ceasing of the six senses; from the ceasing of the six senses, there is ceasing of contact; from the ceasing of contact, there is ceasing of craving; from the ceasing of craving, there is ceasing of grasping; from the ceasing of grasping, there is ceasing of being; from the ceasing of being, there is ceasing of birth; from the ceasing of birth, there is ceasing of old age and death, grief, lamentation, suffering, dejection and despair. And thus there is ceasing of the entire mass of suffering."