Felipe Massa is a test driver for the Ferrari Formula 1 team. He was born on April 25, 1981 in Sao Paulo, Brazil. In 2004, he will drive for Sauber. He made his F1 debut in 2002 for Sauber at the Australian Grand Prix. He performed reasonably well and scored 4 points. However, he gained a reputation as a rash driver.

Before he participated in F1, Massa was involved in Karting, Brazilian Formula Chevrolet and Italian Formula Renault. He finished in first place in the Formula 3000 Euro-Series with six wins.

Ferrari seems to have developed a soft spot for Massa. It is speculated that he is being groomed to replace Michael Schumacher, who will retire within a few years. Massa's testing experience seems to have benefited him and he is now definitely a more consistent driver.

Massa's move to Sauber has also been the subject of intense speculation. It is thought by many that Massa and his teammate, Giancarlo Fisichella, are actually involved in a shoot-out to determine who will replace Rubens Barrichello in the second Ferrari seat in 2005. Still others think that Ferrari really want to gauge how good Massa is now by comparing him with experienced and widely-respected Fisichella. In any case, 2004 promises to be an especially interesting year for Felipe Massa and his team.