I live in Edmonton (albeight pretty far away from West Ed), so I go there two or three times a year. One very odd thing about West Ed is that relatively few people go there to shop. I mean, at your average mall, about 80% of people are actually going to buy stuff. But at West Ed, there's always more people looking at the dolphins than buying shirts. The mall is fairly entertainment oriented.

One of the coolest parts of West Ed is Silver City. It's a giant movie theater with ten or twelve really big screens. There's also an imax. The big draw, though, is the lobby, which includes a big floating statue of yoda, a bunch of weird people biking around in airplanes, and a gigantic dragon with a flamethrower mounted in its mouth. Every twenty minutes, the dragon focuses on someone with its laser eyes, and breaths a 20 foot-long flame in their direction. You can feel the heatwave through the whole lobby. There's also a little lightshow before the flaming, with lightning and thunder, and lots of smoke. Very cool

Another large draw is the amusement park, which is one of the largest indoor ones in the world. It used to be called Fantasy Land, and had lots of themed stuff, like balloons that you could sit in and would rotate, and a themed "play area" where you could go in passageways up high in the "mountains" that took half a side of the wall. Apart from the usual kiddy-rides, there's also a Roller Coaster, the Mind Bender, that does several loop-the-loops. There's also the "Drop of Doom", which throws its twenty or so occupents down five stories in half a second. If you throw a coin down at the top, you will catch it at the bottom. There's a few other rides of note, like a smaller roller coaster, a pirate ship that rocks back and forth (quite a bit), another one that goes all the way around, a twirling swing thing and some sort of "twister" thing.

The Water Park too, is very nice. There are some rumours about slugs on the steps up, but I've never seen any. There are some very nice slides, although it can be a pain to trudge up all those flights of stairs :-(. All the slides empty out into their own little pools, but there's quite a large wave pool, styled as a beach, with fake palm trees at the shallow end, where people eat their lunches. At the deep end of the wave pool, there's a fenced off area where people sometimes bungee jump off a platform attached to the roof. It's always cool because they sound a horn when someone's going to jump, and everyone looks up...

There's several other attractions, but those are my personal favourites