elegaic (adj) my personal typo for expressing great sorrow. but i can't be the only one that makes this mistake!

the correct way to spell this word is elegiac, of course, and you pronounce it with the same soft g /dʒ/ as in elegy. maybe chase it with a bit of /aɪ/ if you're across the pond instead of the /i/. but like, doesn't that sound kind of... ugly? el edgy yak. a far cry from the lamentation this word ostensibly conveys.

no, if you asked me, any day of the week, it should be elegaic, and you would pronounce a hard g /ɡ/ as in... elegant. that's what i want.

[ˌ ɛləˈ ɡeɪək]. isn't that so much more beautiful? so much more fertile ground to bear the pregnant tension of mourning? i don't have asmr so i can't really know what that's like but this sets my neurons ablaze. this is my one-word poem.

but it's wrong. a typo of the brain. and i know all about your antiprescriptivism already, that's not relevant here, i know when i'm crazy... but what i wouldn't give, you know? to show everyone the way that i see it, the way that feels right. to rewrite the socio-historico-biologico-cultural narrative that led, so carelessly and yet so inevitably, to the edgy yak. we can even keep /ˈ ɛlədʒi/, call it a little quirk of language.

you feel it too, don't you? ...don't you?

no... no, it's okay, i get it. middle french, latin, ancient greek. it's the way things have always been. i'm wrong. a typo.