Strange weekend. And it just started ...

Last night, a friend of mine had a party at her house. I'm not really big into enormous social gatherings full of people that I don't know, particularily because some of her roommates' friends are ... well, trashy. Not really my scene at all. In general, I'd rather grab a couple of bottles of wine, a decent movie, and some people of intelligence and wit than go to a "real party."

Of course, I'd usually rather eat glass than go to a "real party."

Anyway, I went, intending on staying for just a bit and then going home. I was really, really sick all day - had to take a half day at work (which my employers were cool with, because they are beautiful human beings) because I couldn't even get out of bed in the morning. So, I went over around 9:30, thinking I'd walk home and get back by 11:30, at the latest.

I got home at 2:30. I have no idea how I managed to piss away the night like that, but I succeeded admirably. I actually knew a large percentage of the people there, and the rest of them were ok.

I also was given a couple of your mission, should you choose to accept it missions. One was taking care of my ex-boyfriend's little brother (who's a friend of mine) in his drunken stupor, with a success rate of about 50% (I walked him home, but he then walked BACK to the party and got more drunk). The other was getting rid of a white trash, drunk neighbor who crashed the party and starting eating the fruit soaked in alcohol that my friend and her roommates were selling cups for at $5 a cup. Paid nothing, generally was the stereotypical party crasher. So, a friend and I took it upon ourselves to subtley get rid of the asshole, again with a success rate of below 100% (we got rid of him, he came back, I got rid of him again).

Eventful night.

Weird - that's the most social I've been in a long time. I guess it might help that I was drunk.

So, today I wake up at 8:30 a.m. (I fell asleep about 3:30) and can't go back to sleep. *sigh* Oh well, at least it gives me the opportunity to be productive. As unlikely as that is.

I leave for the Gorge in five hours to see Counting Crows and Live play ... not a bad weekend, overall.