I've had much worse days ...

Actually, it was pretty damn good. I spent the day outside (NOT, I feel I must stress, sitting in front of a computer, oblivious to the rest of the world). I went to a park by the river that runs through town with my most recent ex. We broke up about two months ago, but it's still kind of weird (particularily for him).

I have to wonder ... when people say that they want to be friends after dating, are they ALL lying? So far, I've had two sort-of attempts and two total failures (of what I would consider significant relationships on both sides). However, nobody every really seems ready to deal with the weirdness and awkward pauses that will inevitably be a part of the frienship, at least for a while ...

It just seems like it's something that almost everyone I know says, but very few people actually want ...

Anyway ... end rant.
So, we had fun. He only hit on me once and, after a gentle rebuff, he proceeded to act like a normal friend. A significant step foward from the sniviling, pathetic boy who calls me up to whine about his life without me or the angry boy who treated me like shit. A little too flirty, but resigned to his fate works just fine for me.

So, a day where my relationships with friends got much better ...

Very nice.