Licensed to Lakeland, Florida, Channel 32 went on the air in 1986 with the call letters WTMV as an all-music video station, "V32."

They were never very successful with that format, so they gradually became a regular independent television station, showing anything cheap they could get their hands on that WTOG and WFTS didn't want. The music videos continued on Friday and Saturday nights, as part of "The Mike Pachelli Show," hosted by the station's operations manager, who also played guitar in a local rock band.

Like a radio station, they had hourly call-in contests and called themselves "The Station It Pays to Watch."

Their programming highlights in the early 1990s included some CBS and NBC daytime programming that WTVT and WFLA chose not to air, including Ray Combs' version of "Family Feud" and "A Closer Look with Faith Daniels." WTMV also carried occasional St. Louis Cardinals, Cincinnati Reds, and Toronto Blue Jays baseball games, since all three teams had their spring training homes in the Tampa Bay area.

They were a charter affiliate of the WB Network and changed their call letters to WWWB shortly after the network adopted their "dubba-dubba-WB" slogan.

They had been Tampa's only locally owned television station, but sold out to the Hearst Corporation in the mid 1990s.

The Hearst ownership allowed the budget to increase tremendously, allowing not only the programming to improve, but also the on-air graphics and the transmitter.

In the late 1990s, they dropped the WB affiliation and changed the call letters to WMOR, now calling themselves "More TV 32." Their sports carriage now includes the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Tampa Bay Lightning, Tampa Bay Mutiny, and Orlando Magic.