One kid in my town died already from taking ecstasy. I didn't know the details, but I heard the he or she took a lot of it, so I assumed that was the reason. I am not a druggie, I haven't smoked weed in years. I only drink a few times a year. I do enjoy dance clubs, and go to a few regularly. It was suggested to me by my roommate that we both take some X at the club. He has taken it many of the times that we go, so I figured, sure, why not? We got to the club. I swallowed the pill in the car, and he chewed his for a faster reaction. 10 minutes had gone by. Nothing yet. 15 minutes, hey, I'm starting to feel something. 20 minutes: I felt like puking, but out my bellybutton. 25 minutes: thought I was going to die. My roommate was worse, I thought he was dead. The feeling is very incredible, knowing that you are close to death, and someone very close to you is even closer than you. Its very different from pain, which is what I imagined it would be. My do-what-you-have-to-do instincts kicked in, and I went to the bathroom to get water for myself and my roommate. You need lots of water when you take X, I don't know why. I will never forget that 30 foot walk. I had 100 lb. weights in my shoes, and I felt like I was 7 feet tall. I must have looked like a zombie walking past the dance floor, because I felt dead. I got the water and returned to the couch, where the roommate was barely conscious. I decided that if he passed out, we would call 911. Keep in mind that I am not exactly in a good frame of mind, we probably should have called someone a lot earier. Anyways, a few friends came over and took care of the roommate, who wanted nothing but to be held and for no one to talk. It sounds wierd, but thats what I wanted also; people talking caused pain at that point. I went to taking care of myself, semi-conscious at times. We lied there in silence for hours. I don't know what he was doing in his head, but I was preparing for death. It never came though.

Slowly I came out of it. I realized that I was going to make it through this awful night. The roommate was looking better also. After many hours, and many bottles of water from the water fountain, we mustered up the strength to go home. I called in sick to work, and slept for 20 hours or so. To this day, I have never done any other drugs.

As I later learned, X is usually 'watered down' with another drug or substance. According to stoners I talked to who have proven to be a very unreliable source of information, the 2 most likely things these pills were watered down with was rat poison or a drug called PMA (?), which has very severe side effects, neither of which should be in my system apparantly. Thanks to my great friends out there for helping us through the night. Although I barely knew some of you before this happened, you all helped me in ways that I can't thank you enough for. Except for that one short guy who wanted to help so he could be cool. If I wasn't almost dead, he would have had a steel toe boot up his ass.

BTW, another person died because of X in my city shortly after this.

I wrote this to let people know of the dangers of drugs. Anything that doesn't come from the ground WILL BE cut with something, and you don't know what it is. In my case, it was a cheaper drug intended to trick me into thinking that my trip was fanstastic even though there was less MDMA in there, but someone messed something up...

This event has changed my life. Not too drastically other than dropping drugs, which I didn't do all that much of to begin with, but when you come an inch from death, and all you can do is sit there and ponder dying for an hour, you value some things a little more.

If this is viewed as a GTKY node, I'll be happy to delete it myself, or an editor can do it. Let me know, as I am still a bit shaky on what is acceptable here.