This URL searches for E2 nodes via Google (less taxing on E2's server):
You can search Everything from a Mozilla
location bar by using a feature known as Custom Keywords*.
Here's how to set one up:
- Create a new bookmark in Bookmarks.
- Access the new bookmark's properties, and set the location field to
http://www.everything2.com/?node=%s and set a keyword to, let's say,
e2 in the keyword field.
Title of the link can be anything.
- Press OK to apply changes.
- Be careful of bug #144875 - A keyword name cannot be the same name as a bookmark name for this to work.
Once you've set this up, try typing this into the location bar (without the parenthesis) and hit ENTER:
e2 (your search query here)
You can conveniently select the location bar without using a mouse by pressing the Ctrl+L keyboard shortcut for Windows (Alt+L or Command+L for other platforms).
Other ways to conveniently search Everything:
* Detailed info on Mozilla Custom Keywords can be found at