The OTree system was created to distribute full collections of Old Time Radio to all who would hear it. Its primary goal is enjoyment and education of a part of our history.

The OTree uses snail mail to send CDs of mp3 encoded Old Time Radio shows using a branch and leaf / tree based distribution system that is administered via the net. It currently has over 123 memebers over 6 groups and is housed at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/otree.

The Otree System is made up of Groups
  • Each Group has Members
  • Each Group has an Admin

    These are your obligations if you sign up for a package

  • If you are a leaf all you need to worry about is to send blank CDR(s) back to the person you got the copy from, the number of blanks you send back is equal to the number of CDs you received. You do not need a CD Burner. You keep the CDs sent to you.

  • If you are a branch you need to send blank CDR(s) back to the person you got the CDs from, the number of blanks you send back is equal to the number of CDs you received.
    Make copies for the list of people the Group Admin sends you, and mail those copies out. You keep the CDs sent to you

    There is no payment for this service, ever.

    The Philanthropic Option

    There are many people who feel no transfer of funds or goods should take place while distributing Old Time Radio shows. They even feel that getting a blank CD back from some one they send to would not be kosher. So here is an option that is up to the individual branches to make.

    If you are a branch you can opt not to get blank CDs back from the leafs you send CDs to. All you need to do is add a pnote] saying "Please do not mail me blank CDs. That you enjoy these shows is enough" or words to that effect.

    The choice is yours. The default method is still the core rules listed above, ie that people send blank cds in return for those they get to the person who sent them the collection.