Vegan Berry Pancakes
I have been varying shades of vegan for the past 5 years and have noticed that many vegan foods have a markedly different taste than their non-vegan
counterparts. In cooking, egg
s are the glue that holds the batter together. Without eggs, many recipes will fail miserably. To remedy this problem I purchased a large box of egg substitute
from a local health food shop. This was a total waste
. I soon gave up on the idea of using things such as the egg subsitutes, fake butter, and soy milk in favour of naturally vegan foods such as squash
. Squash and corn do not, however, make for good breakfast
foods and so I present you with the following recipe for delicious vegan berry pancakes.
P.S. I made these for my mother and her boyfriend and they didn't even notice that they were eating vegan food.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Do not overmix.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir lightly.
- Heat griddle on medium heat and grease with oil.
- Pour batter in 1/4 cup amounts on griddle and let cook until small holes form and hold in the pancake.
- Flip pancake and cook till golden.
- Serve with warm syrup of your choice.
If you are not vegan
, use milk instead of water, reduce amount of milk by 1/4 cup and add 1 egg.