Magnitude Zero: In casual polite society, it is a wistful or playful synonym for chicks. A term of endearment. Usually implies some trivial sense of ownership, as in "them's my bitches, man" or, "bitches, man," an emotive indicating that the subject is asserting influence on the speaker.

Magnitude One: gender-modified-synonym for bastard.

Magnatude Three: g.m.s. for dick.

Magnitude Five: (used by angry white males, mysogynistic) roughly corresponds to definition 2 by Svaha.

Magnitude Ten: Extreme case, highly offensive, really, we're talking about a completely different term here. I'd use it, but I don't want to set off a shit storm by using the atomic bomb of profanity. Gender specific synonym for fucking asshole.

---

those that self-apply the moniker bitch (magnitude one), often overshoot the mark, and wind up not being assertive but rather being generally combative.

magnitude 3 female control freak with a mean streak, and a sense that it's okay to hurt other people's feelings because she is just standing up for what she deserves, because it's only fair. (Note the subtext of a weird, self-centered, remedial justice.)

magnitude 10 bitch woman that acts non-human, defames and denegrates all others, reduces others to the status of non-human, because to do otherwise would be playing into the hands of the man. Woman who's heart is three sizes too small. (Sometimes, an erstwhile activist that has lost perspective and is really just plain mean.)