Why don't we profess our love?

It's now clear. So clear I've become inarticulate. (okay. clear as mud, but I'm seeing a ton of mud.) The difficulty. The conundrum. The horrible painful balance that must be solved.

Our culture sucks. Or maybe "my upbringing, as an aggregation of that done by my family, friends, and culture, has lead to some hang-ups that I'd desperately like to get over." Why I think our culture sucks, is that, when I look around to figure out how to get over it, I feel the imposition of rules. Now, how does this tie in?

Why do we suffer in secret unrequited love? It's not fear of rejection. It's fear that you'll freak them out. I recently told a woman I had a crush on her. I desperately want to tell her I love her. Why don't I?

Fear of rejection is complex. It's not fear of the word "no" at all. In fact, we go through huge loops to make it easier for others to say no. Why? Are we that afraid of being direct? Would that be too intense? Are we afraid that this is not really what we want? Is this just a big chain of excuses and rationalization? Fear that she might not feel the same way is somehow not the same as fear of rejection?

Why does it hurt so much to open your heart?


Oct15:2003. holy shit I wrote that?