Alright, I think we can all agree that drunk drivers are a very bad thing. I think we can all agree that said drunk drivers should lose the suffix, and simply be drunk.

Apparently, the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission believes that it is OK and LEGAL to arrest someone who is drunk in a bar. Yes, you read right. Drunk in a bar. This sting operation, (which I would consider illegal, at the very least), sent undercover officers into bars in the San Antonio, Tx. area in an effort to apprehend dangerous drunkards, who might have tried to drive home. I'm sorry; where is the problem in waiting for them outside? Why not wait for them to turn the key in the ignition? Why is it legal to be arrested for something you didn't do?!

Obviously, they're looking out for us, us being the American People, the people of a land known for one thing above all others -- freedom. Good to know undercover operatives are being placed in bars, so that these 'dangerous' bar patrons don't end up doing something that could hurt someone. I'm glad my taxpayer dollars went to fund this; I'd much rather they arrest possible drunk drivers than bust drug dealers, rapists, murderers, and televangelists.

Currently, this program is no longer in effect; I'm sure Mothers Against Drunk Drivers must be fuming. This program goes to show the essential problem with America; the government lacks confidence in the decency and intelligence of the people - how else could Bush have been made president? (See Reasons why George W. Bush became president)

From "Texas halts arrests of drunks in bars", Reuters.
Fri, Apr 14, 2006

Read the whole story -- http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyid=2006-04-14T170827Z_01_N13257090_RTRUKOC_0_US-CRIME-BARS.xml

And remember, Big Brother is watching.