The Window

*Scene: Two men stand by a large window. The window is open and the wind is whipping into their faces.*

Talkative Man (with a sigh of acceptance): So this is it?
Quiet Man (unemotional): Yep.
T: This is it. After all those years of scheming, running, hiding, fighting this is how my life is going to end- by jumping out of a window. There's nothing we can do?
Q: No.
T: Its funny- I expected to go out riddled with holes.

*There is a slight pause (about 5 seconds)- T is in a reflective mood.*

T: Doesn't it bother you?
Q: What?
T: That only now, near the end, has it occurred to us that we've pissed our lives down the drain. That it could have been different.
Q: No.

T (getting angry): Does anything bother you?

*Q just shrugs. T seems to get angry and gets looks across his face like he's going to yell something. But he stops, a look of defeat across his face. No point getting angry now.*

T: Suppose we should just do it. Should I go first?
*Q just shrugs again. T jumps out the open window. Q walks across to it and sticks his head out the window, looking down toward the ground. He smiles evilly and turns towards the audience.*
Q: I can't believe he fell for that.

*CURTAIN*