Actually, birth control pills have been found to cause either weight gain OR weight loss, each occuring in about an equal number of cases. An increase in breast size is generally due to the increase of hormones in the bloodstream. In cases where weight gain does occur, however, it is possible that the woman's breasts will grow because of that, too. In reply to LagMan's post, have you ever seen a woman on the pill lactate? That means actually release milk from her breasts. No? Well then. The pill works by increasing progesterone in order to convince the body that it doesn't want to ovulate. Basically, it convinces the body that it is in the part of the cycle where no ovulation would be taking place normally, except that this part lasts 3/4 of the month instead of 1/2.
- user since
- Sun Mar 16 2003 at 20:54:39 (15.2 years ago )
- last seen
- Fri Apr 30 2004 at 21:40:09 (14.1 years ago )
- level / experience
- 1 (Initiate)
- mission drive within everything
- to correct or enhance what i can, and learn what i can't.
- most recent writeup
- Why do birth control pills make my breasts bigger? (thing)
- Send private message to sushichou
I like duckies. :o